REVISONAL BARIATRIC SURGERY
Revisional obesity surgery or redo surgery is the surgery after an unsuccessfull weight loss or weight regain after a previous bariatric procedure
Dr. Fakı Akın has peformed more than 150 revisional bariatric procedures.
The duration of the operations depends on the previously performed operation and usually takes 1-3 hours.
The duration of the hospital stay is 3-4 days.
What kind of obesity surgeries can we revise:
- Conversion from a gastric band procedure into rny gastric bypass operation
This is the most common type of revisional surgery. The previously applied stomach staple is removed and a gastric bypass surgery is performed. In 8 out of 10 cases, removal of the staple and translation into the bypass occurs within a single operation. If the stomach staple irritated the stomach a lot, the stomach band is removed and a gastric bypass operation is performed after 3 months.
- Conversion from a sleeve gastrectomy into rny gastric bypass operation
- Banding of a sleeve procedure (banded sleeve)
- Re-Sleeve procedure
- Conversion from a gastric band procedure into a sleeve gastrectomy
- Banding of a roux-en-y gastric bypass (banded gastric bypass)
- Limb lengthening after a RNY Gastric Bypass